Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Even Lower Calorie Leftovers



Our favorite neighborhood Chinese Bistro Ming Place has awesome Hunan Chicken. It is so, so delicious. They put broccoli and baby corn and deliciousness in it. I wanted some desperately, so Gary and I ordered takeout. However, I'm no longer eating carbs, so this time I asked them to send mine without rice, and I instead ate it with Cauliflower Rice.



I was pretty sad about this at first, but it was a pretty good substitute. Nothing beats steamed white rice, but it was a close second. Okay, maybe third. But it allowed me to continue to enjoy some of the food I love, and made this diet a little less miserable. Of course, portion control, I still ate only half of it - the servings at Ming are a bit too large - and stuck the rest in the fridge with the remainder of the cauliflower rice for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment