Monday, December 27, 2010

Engaged!



Gary asked me to marry him on December 23rd of 2010! I said yes of course. Now we are engaged, and he is my fiance, and I am a bride to be. Both of those words kind of weird me out, but I'll get used to it. My ring is beautiful, and so is... well, I guess Gary is handsome rather than beautiful.



He asked me while we were at his parents' house to celebrate Christmas with them. It's a long story, but suffice it to say that there was a panda in the closet holding my ring. Trust me, it was very romantic.

I brought some muffins to Gary's parents' house, but I didn't really pay too much attention to my diet over Christmas. December 23-26 I had a little diet hiatus. However, I have now found the best motivation ever for losing weight.



That's right, the wedding. I intend to be a size 10 by the time I get married next December, and that requires me to lose about 50 more pounds. I was very motivated to lose weight last year, and this year I just haven't really felt it. I've been eating healthy and counting my calories, but I just didn't feel up to the challenge, and cheated on the diet often enough to make it ineffective. However, through the powers of the mighty ring I have found, like many brides before me, that my motivation has returned. Why, I gave away toast at brunch and didn't eat a single chip today. I was offered a free Lindt chocolate at a bridal boutique, and I said no.

My hope is that I will lose the weight I want to, motivated by my wedding, and will then be able to enter maintenance mode, which I've been pretty good at this last year, and keep it off! One thing that will help is my wedding dress. That's right, I already bought it. I didn't intend to, but I fell in love when I saw it today, and then found out that it was discontinued and thus about 1/3 the usual price. You better believe I bought that sucker! I also bought it a size too small. I'm confident that I will be able to fit in it before my wedding day. In fact, I'm hoping that by the time I get married it will be a few sizes too large, and will thus have to be altered slightly. I would post pictures of the dress, but apparently my fiance would like to be surprised.

So, here I go. I'm off to mix up some muffins, bake some spaghetti squash, and throw some cauliflower in the food processor!

No comments:

Post a Comment