Thursday, November 11, 2010

Eatzi's-Level Salad Making

The best salad in Dallas can be found at Eatzi's on Oak Lawn, between Lemmon and Cedar Springs (Warning: that website will play music at you). That may be, in part, because they have a salad station where they will prepare the salad for you, using whatever ingredients you want, and then mix it together with just the right amount of dressing everywhere.



I've tried several combinations, but my ultimate salad contains the following ingredients: half spinach, half romaine lettuce, croutons, bacon, a boiled egg, a grilled chicken breast (diced), carrots, parmesan cheese, pumpkin seeds (I think?), and Greek dressing. I buy one of these at least one night a week because they are so very, very delicious. I've asked myself many times why I am going to an eatery and paying $8.50 for a salad that I could easily make at home.



The answer is that I cannot make a salad that good, no matter what I do. I bought salad tongs and a really big bowl, and I still can't do it. However, I did manage to make a pretty delicious salad, and I'm pretty sure it has fewer calories than the Eatzi's salad.

Ingredients:
1/2 a Romaine heart, chopped
2 cups baby spinach
3 slices turkey bacon
1 small chicken breast, diced
1 Tsp Rosemary
2 Tbsp Kraft Free Zesty Italian fat free Dressing
1/4 cup Weight Watchers Mexican Mix Cheese
1/4 cup croutons
1/4 cup matchstick carrots

I didn't manage to find any fat free Greek dressing at my local Kroger, so the Italian will have to do.



I cooked the turkey bacon, and set it aside on a paper towel.



I cooked the diced chicken breast in the bacon grease with some rosemary. That was basically the only real cooking involved.



It's a pretty delicious, low calorie salad.



However, I will still be getting myself an Eatzi's salad this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment