Sunday, September 27, 2009

High Protein, Low Calorie Muffins

These cookies have 100 calories, 3 grams of fat, 2 grams of fiber, and 7.5 grams of protein per serving. This recipe makes 12 cookies.

I was on the Smart for Life diet, and while I am still sticking to the rules, I've decided to make my own high protein cookies to try to save some money. In case any of you happen to be interested in this also, I'm going to post the recipe. These cookies are meant to be a replacement for breakfast and a low calorie snack to hold you over between and after meals. Basically, you eat one whenever you're hungry. Technically, on Smart for Life a dieter is meant to eat 6 cookies a day, but I never have, which is another reason why I'm making these. I usually have between 3 and 4 a day. There are a variety of recipes online, and I've combined a few that I found here in order to create this recipe.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup protein powder (vanilla or chocolate flavored)
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup low-sugar muesli
6 tablespoons olive oil or canola oil
3 tablespoons honey
1/2 cup peanut butter
2-3 tbsp vanilla
1/2 cup soy milk (vanilla flavored)
1/2 cup egg whites

Directions:
1. Mix all the ingredients.
2. Use about 1 tablespoon of mixture per cookie
3. Bake for about 10 minutes in 400 degree oven.

I recommend that you drink a glass of water (or milk) with these cookies. Yes, I know it looks like a muffin, but it's not. I just felt like cooking it in my new muffin tin. I assure you, it's a cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment