Saturday, November 6, 2010

E-Reader Please

Hyperbole and a Half <-- This is why I need an e-reader. I have fallen in love with this blog, and I have been going back and basically reading everything she has ever written EVER, and now I feel nauseous. I took out my contacts, and that helped a little bit, but apparently reading things online for any length of time makes me seriously ill. I don't know if it will help with websites, but an e-reader without a backlight will definitely be superior to something like an iPad, which would most likely cause me to vomit and die.

Gary has promised to get me one for Christmas, which is the only reason I haven't tried to get one for myself already. At that time I will have 1) a Desktop PC, 2) a Smartphone (G1), 3) a netbook, and 4) an e-reader, all of which connect me to the internet. Is that too much technology for one person? Am I super greedy here? I guess I'd better enjoy this while I can, as I will probably never buy a new thing ever again after I have children in a few years.

This has nothing to do with losing weight or with my diet, so let me add that I am not having much luck in that arena. I lost one pound last week, but I may have gained it back already. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment