Sunday, August 15, 2010

Chicken Crescent Popovers

I took about two weeks off, not following any kind of diet at all. This is the first time in a long time that I've allowed myself to eat "normal" (read: unhealthy) food. I kind of splurged. I had pizza, kolaches, cannelloni, a Panera muffie (cookie + muffin), and all kinds of things that I haven't allowed myself to eat in over a year. Also, yum, buttery nipples (1 part Baily's Irish Cream, 1 part Butterscotch Schnapps). I'm going to start my muffin diet again tomorrow, so I'm going to try one last non-muffin diet recipe before then. This one is actually reasonably low calorie, but since I won't be allowed to have carbs of any kind, even the low fat crescent rolls will be out tomorrow.

I am not going to attempt to calculate the calories or fat content, but all of the ingredients are reduced fat, so it shouldn't be bad.


Ingredients:
1 cup chopped, cooked chicken breast
1/2 cup fat free sour cream
1 cup shredded fat free cheese
1 serrano chile, chopped
1 onion, diced
1 can Pillsbury Refrigerated Quick Crescent Dinner Rolls, Reduced Fat
1 tablespoon "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" Light, melted

Directions:
Heat oven to 375°F. In medium bowl, combine chicken, sour cream, cheese, green chile, and onions.

Separate dough into 4 rectangles; firmly press perforations to seal. Press or roll each to 10x5-inch rectangle. Cut each rectangle in half crosswise, forming 8 squares. Place each square in ungreased muffin cup, allowing dough to extend over cup.

Spoon 1/4 cup chicken mixture into each cup. Pull four corners of each square to top center of filling; twist firmly and pinch to seal edges. Brush with melted margarine.

Bake at 375°F for 14 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Loosen edges; remove from pan.

Makes 8 popovers.

1 comment:

  1. thinking about making these for Saturdaygiving next week!

    ReplyDelete