Sunday, July 11, 2010

Weight Watcher's Points and Pizza

On the Weight Watcher's plan, I can have 27 "points" a day, which is about 1350 calories. This actually isn't too bad until the weekend hits. I ended up using some of my "flex points" this weekend, and all of them were spent on alcohol. If I hadn't had anything to drink, though, I would have been alright despite the fact that I went out to eat for nearly every meal. I even found a pretty low calorie and delicious option at my favorite Mexican/Salvadorian restaurant, Gloria's. The biggest change so far is that instead of having something like Wheat Thins if I get a little peckish in between meals, I force myself to eat baby carrots until my stomach stops complaining. Take that, hunger!

Tonight my boyfriend Gary wanted to order a pizza for dinner, and he asked me to look up how many points a slice of Papa John's pizza would be. I had 8 points left for the day, and a slice of plain cheese pizza is 6 points. If we ordered it with "light cheese" and no toppings, it might have been 4-5 points. Two slices! No pizza for me. I tried to talk Gary into ordering a pizza for himself anyway, but he refused until I left to go get a delicious Eatzi's salad. He is really trying to supportive, and not "tempt" me to misbehave. That's one reason he was excited for me to join Weight Watcher's to begin with - it's much more about portion control than limiting your choices, although the fact that healthy things like spinach, broccoli, and carrots are "free" certainly makes it more beneficial to make healthy choices.

So far I haven't lost any weight on Weight Watcher's, but it hasn't even been a full week yet, so I am hoping to see a little bit of effect by next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment